On 5/23/2015 7:02 PM, Rugxulo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Ralf Quint <freedos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tried for the last 2 days now and can't neither reach the
>> www.openwatcom.org web site nor the nntp server at news.openwatcom.org...
>>
>> Does anyone know what is going on with that site?
> No idea, but I thought I had successfully visited there not long ago.
> It's not working now, dunno.
>
> But what's the problem? It's not like 1.9 disappeared. It's still
> mirrored in various places (not to mention iBiblio):
>
> http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/openwatcom/
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/devel/c/openwatcom/1.9/
Well, the source repository, with the latest daily/weekly builds is not
accessible, mind you that the 1.9 version is now a few years old...
> I just hope that this not the result of the spat with Jiri's Open-Watcom
> 2.0 fork... :-\
> No idea what you're referring to. I haven't kept up literally at all.
> I'm not subscribed to the newsgroups.
Well, too bad, after all, you all are always referring to OW as the "go
to" compiler for FreeDOS...
> I don't know if funding is an issue or not, but Sybase basically got
> sold to SAP AG a few years ago, and their former longtime CEO now
> heads up Blackberry.
>
> Like Dennis said, there's an OW fork available on SourceForge, which
> does have 2.0-pre binaries (even for DOS), that was updated last
> month.

That's the problem, going by all the discussions that have been going
on, it is not clear/certain that Jiri's fork is a proper working
version, at least as far as (Free)DOS as a target is concerned...

Ralf

---