Speaking for myself, I'm hardly qualified to say whether Windows or
Linux are reliable. I will only say that I prefer using Linux instead of
Windows, particularly due to these Windows viruses I've been hearing about.

As for FreeDOS, I will only say it allows me to use the New Deal Office
Suite I had on an old computer years ago, so I still have some use for
DOS on occasion.

Arthur