Skyler F composed on 2015-05-29 16:40 (UTC-0600):

> I got it from my Grandpa because it was sitting at his house with no use.

> I used to use the computer as my primary AllStar link node [1] and has been
> running 24/7. This computer fits the era of bad caps. Yikes, glad my cap
> did not fail or cause a fire while it was in full time use!

> I don't think I want to get in there unless a cap actually fails, there are
> so many caps, it would be a pain to solder all of those. This computer
> won't have that kind of use anymore.

What I wrote was meant mainly to inspire investigation prior to getting
dependent on it. If you open it (very easy, two buttons, no tools) to take a
look and find no caps to be obviously bad, odds are its prior reliability
will remain intact. If some are bad, it would only be those of that rating
that you would consider replacing, most likely somewhere between 3 and about
20-24, all being those of relatively larger physical sizes. The risk applies
to caps in its power supply, which if goes bad can kill a motherboard.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/