Hi Rugxulo,

I am still a fan of a FD 1.1 bootable USB image. By this time I use
Qemu to build one, too. It is much easier to make the image bootable
with Qemu than with Grub4DOS or Syslinux.

Today I wear an USB stick together with my key ring with a bootable
FD 1.1 image. I have created this image with Qemu and use some stuff
like FDNPKG, the latest MPXPLAY and ideas from METADOS for my FreeDOS
to go. And if I need new things on this image I boot FreeDOS on the
stick with Qemu. In this way I can use Internet to load new stuff over
FDNPKG on the stick. Another possibility is to put the stick into the
USB port of my Linux computer just to copy stuff on this stick with a
terminal or a file manager. And to use FreeDOS to go I can easily boot
the stick with a computer.

For the near future I like to build a FD 1.1 emulator like the ready
to use Raspberry Pi emulator package for Windows:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rpiqemuwindows/

So that you can easy run FD 1.1 with Qemu on Windows by executing a
run.bat. For Linux users like me I would put a run.sh into the ZIP
file, too, but Qemu executables just for the Windows users. :-)

Kind regards

Christian