On 6/17/2015 3:32 PM, John Hupp wrote:
In the thread [Networking: With MS Client, "Error 5: Access has been denied"], I was working hard trying to get the MS-DOS Network Client working with a Vista machine. It was a solution I had used in past years for moving files between the FreeDOS client and a Windows machine on the LAN.

But it doesn't work with a Windows Vista or newer server.

Well, due to changes in the SMB specs, this is not a DOS specific problem, it won't work between Vista&newer and any Windows version before Windows 2000 neither. Connecting to a remote host that runs up to Windows XP/Windows Server 2003 should work just fine...

Ralf

---