Hi :-)

>> Thanks guys! Sorry for the late response, and Eric I will consider the
>> xharbour, thank you!
>
> I never used it, but that old XHarbour is (AFAIK) abandoned (for DOS)
> and somewhat hard to use (and IIRC needs a C compiler for backend).
> Don't pin too many hopes on it.

Well Clipper has been abandoned since 1997, while the most
recent updates of Harbour were in 2011 and there is xHarbour:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper_%28programming_language%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XHarbour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbour_compiler

Even more fresh is the commercial implementation FlagShip:

http://www.fship.com/

As Clipper is a programming language, it is not overly surprising
that you have to know about compiling. On the other hand, there
are people who think MS Access is a database and who think that
SQL programming is complicated... ;-)

Cheers, Eric