On 9/18/2015 5:15 AM, Marlon Ng wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I have a desktop computer with a motherboard that has a built-in
> parallel port.  When I boot into FreeDOS and run an old Clipper
> program, the program can print just fine, without editing any system
> files.  It just works.
>
> I have another desktop computer in which the parallel port is an
> expansion, not built-in with the motherboard.  Upon printing using
> Clipper program, I get:
> Error: Term/0
> Quit / Retry
> Something like that.  It cannot print.
What is the printer port address of that expansion card? (Free)DOS
should be able to print just fine, from Clipper or otherwise, if the
base port address of that parallel port is properly added to the BIOS
data segment. But not all cards, specifically if they are PCI ones, do
this properly...

Ralf

---