OK - I have several PC's with varying modern installs (WIN7, WIN10,
Xubuntu)
residing along with various versions of MS-DOS and FreeDOS (even a custom
FAT16 version of FreeDOS). I have created several rescue disks and yet
there is
always at least one install that either messes up my boot code (usually
fixable) or
deletes an entire partition even when hidden (thank you MS-DOS 6.2 and
Windows 10).
The point being it happens and the inew install should have the priority.
If one has "precious" data then one better have a backup before installing.