On 4/23/2016 9:55 AM, Dale E Sterner wrote:
> Your the one who pointed me to MSdos 7.1.
> I've noticed a few annoying short coming
> for msdos7.1 that FREEDOS doesn't have.
> 1st it limits the rs232 output to 9600 baud.
No, it doesn't. I used in fact a Windows 98SE machine booting without
GUI for years at a environmental project where we got sensor data via
115200 baud.

> Most URATs can go to 115000 which is what I often use.
Well, DOS does not inhibit the capabilities of any UART. The serial port
might be by default be initialized at 9600 baud, but there is no reason
that any application using any serial port can set it to any parameter
the UART is in fact capable of...
> I use rs232 to print bluetooth from dos.
> 9600 baud is crawl speed
> The other is when I tried to install a sound driver
> on my laptop. MSdos7.1 insists that I use windows
> to install it so that I can enjoy the windows/dos enperience.
After all, there is no MS-DOS 7.1, it is in fact Windows 98.

But with just a somewhat hazy problem description, it is hard to tell
what might be amiss here...

Ralf

---