You're right about error correction. It doesn't exist with the copy
command-pity.
But if your software doesn't have high speed serial enabled then you
only have left the dos copy command. Most software will print to a .prn
file.
which you can copy to the printer. Most software targets to the lpt1
port.
Since the printer is in the next room a 20 ft cable would be needed.
Modern bluetooth works fairly well. If there is an error in transmission
its a train wreck but if you have the antennas lined up well, its usually
not a serious problem.

cheers
DS

>From Dale Sterner - MS organic chemistry
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo00975a052

Places You'll See
38 Stunning Photos of Norwegian's Biggest, Baddest Cruise Ship
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/571cc74ca3bf0474c4d33st03duc