Hi,

So now I have only the master HDD on primary IDE connected and the floppy.
It did not change anything.

I was able to confirm the CHS/settings - BIOS has a menu called IDE HDD
AUTO DETECTION. When all the jumpers etc are correct, it will detect the
drive and offer 3 options - LBA, LARGE, NORMAL, each with different CHS
settings but same size. Only LBA results in fdisk detecting the HDD and
proceeding, other modes cause FreeDOS to spit error messages about non LBA
partition upon boot, and fdisk does not detect the HDD at all.

Cheers,

Dimitris