On 1/19/2017 2:40 PM, Jerome Shidel wrote:
> Eric, You and Tom are correct. But, so is Rugxulo.
Consistency is king...
> Is it a problem?

Potentially, yes, as someone might try to open up an LSM file after
install with a real DOS program that does NOT be able to handle LF-only
line endings.
Where do you draw the line when it comes to what is not a problem? How
about I access and save a LSM file with my old Mac OS 9 iMac, which is
producing the then default CR-only line endings?

IMHO, if there are indeed a number of LSM files, then those should be
converted to the standard CR-LF line endings. And it might be a good
idea to do the same check on all other (source) files included in any
FreeDOS distribution as well...

Ralf

---