Yes, it would only upgrade the kernel and the console.
DOS and FreeDOS are customizable enough as to allow for upgrading only the
programs, drivers and other components individually as they are needed.
I always replace individual components instead of updating the whole set of
binaries. Actually, I frequently use the versions of the binaries I want,
packed in subdirectories as applications made from many different executables.
Using the formal distribution to update fully can be a standard procedure, but
now it's the choice of the user to upgrade fully or just upgrade the desired
components.

     On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 6:13 PM, Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net>