:-(

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> Hi :-)

Sigh!

> Quick news from /dev/null 's drivers:

(Ah, the gift that keeps on giving! Pinch me, I'm dreaming.)

> He has a closed source update

1). http://wiki.freedos.org/wiki/index.php/FreeDOS_Manifesto

"Any effort that goes into writing a Free-DOS would, of course, be
redistributed in both binary and source code form. Therefore, we urge
programmers to release their software under a distribution agreement,
such as the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE ...."

2). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SourceForge

"SourceForge is a Web-based service that offers software developers a
centralized online location to control and manage free and open-source
software projects."

> Sample copies can be requested from https://www.kernel.org/ or /dev/null .

3). https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html

"What is free software?

'Free software' means software that respects users' freedom and
community. Roughly, it means that the users have the freedom to run,
copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software. Thus, 'free
software' is a matter of liberty, not price."

4). https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

"Free GNU/Linux distributions

This page lists the GNU/Linux distributions that are entirely free as
in freedom. All of the distributions that follow are installable to a
computer's hard drive; most can be run live."

5). https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom

"Respects Your Freedom hardware product certification

The 'Respects Your Freedom' computer hardware product certification
program encourages the creation and sale of hardware that will do as
much as possible to respect your freedom and your privacy, and will
ensure that you have control over your device."