Hi list!

>> Thanks for the SBC link Eric, I will look at these in detail...

There is a similar discussion ongoing on the BTTR DOS forum,
related to the plan to make a game cabinet running DOS :-)

The most recent post wonders whether the

> http://www.icop.com.tw/en/product/3.5-Embedded-Module-VDX3-6726-1GHz/VDX3-6726.html

would be an option. The, very short yet, thread starts here:

http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/forum_entry.php?id=15371

Checking normal new mainboards with onboard CPU, I see that
you AMD A4 based Mini-ITX boards start at less than 60 Euro:

You have to add RAM and a disk, but VGA is already built-in,
as is network, USB, PS/2 and sound support.

Intel Celeron Mini-ITX boards with onboard CPU start at circa
50 Euro, with built-in graphics, sound, network, USB, PS/2.

Classic Micro-ATX boards with pre-installed CPU start around
the same prices, but those are larger and eat more power.

Intel also has "NUC", like DE3815TYBE which are yet smaller
than Mini-ITX, but they have limited I/O and are pricy. The
small variants of Nano-ITX and Pico-ITX have the same issue:
They are so small that classic port connectors are missing.

Cheers, Eric