Hi yet again,

This kind of thing is a bit overwhelming to think about. I just don't
have enough experience to understand or remember every detail.

But I did vaguely remember two old freedos-user messages by Christian
Imhorst that may help even further:

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 7:44 PM, Kevin McCormick <kev4...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>>
>> Upgrade bios for MSI 7677 H61i-e35 (B3) mini-itx motherboard
>>
>> Here are the steps as best I can recall:

Re: [Freedos-user] Is anyone installed FreeDOS from USB CD drive or
other USB device?
* https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/mailman/message/32771882/
(fdisk + mkfs.vfat directly on /dev/sdX, then booting via grub4dos +
fd11src.iso by "qemu -m 512 /dev/sdX")

* https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/mailman/message/32803806/
(or instead use SysLinux, providing link to his own 256 MB image,
needs dd or win32diskimager)
(oops, seems missing, but hopefully still generally useful tips)