On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Dale E Sterner <sunbeam...@juno.com> wrote:
> I get paper statments for everything and they now
> all charge me for the paper version. The bank is $3
> and the phone is $5 for paper. I pay because I trust
> paper. Computer software is in constant flux.
> One day it works then over night they upgrade
> and you also have to upgrade to read it. Some times
> upgrades are easy but it usually means buying something
> new. If you buy something new they'll just do it again.

You want to do everything the way you've been doing it for decades,
and not have to change what you do and how you do it.  You want to
stay put where you are.  What will you do when that's no longer
possible?

In service of that you must jump through hoops and perform all manner
of labor others have the computer do for them.  It will become
increasingly harder as you go along.  At some point, you may have no
choice, and simply have to do it differently because what you need to
do can no longer be *done* the way you're doing now.  Resisting
upgrades is storing up trouble for the future.  When you finally
*have* to upgrade, it will be an order of magnitude harder than it
could have been because so *much* will change.

What value do you place on your *time*?  Everyone I know would look at
what you've recounted as your process and say "That sort of stuff is
what a *computer* is for!"

Personally, I think "doing it the way you've always done it" is more
important than "trust in paper" for you.

> DS
______
Dennis