On Mac, Linux & BSD, you can simply use the dd command line utility. Windows
will require additional software.

On *nix, if you’re USB drive is /dev/sdg then something like the following will
do it:

su umount /dev/sdg*
su dd if=FD12FULL.img of=/dev/sdg

Just make sure you write to the USB device and not you hard disk.