Hello Rugxulo,

I for one would like to know how you wrote the makefiles for nasm --- I
have not managed to get a 16-bit build working using Watcom.

Okay, I think I've done enough fiddling to be worth sharing. So here
it is (lacking any better place for us):

*
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/devel/asm/nasm/0.98.39/8086host/

Further testing and contributions are welcome, of course.

Thanks!  This looks like ... a rather major revamp of the makefiles. :-)

It seems that the precompiled nsm09839.zip binaries in iBiblio were
built with Microsoft C, most probably using Makefile.ms7.  And the
makefile has this...:

  #   Compile for a 286, ain't nobody using an 8086 anymore
  CC = cl /c /Oz /AL /Gt256 /G2 /I.. # MSC 7.00

I guess this explains why these particular binaries are 186+ only.

Thank you!

--
https://github.com/tkchia