Hi! There is a thread about freedos game compatibility on BTTR,
started by liljames2k:

https://www.bttr-software.de/forum/forum_entry.php?id=18483

Zyzzle suggested making sure that all DOS extenders are in PATH
(not sure why Zyzzle said DPMI extenders) but in any case, I do
think Commander Keen 6 works in FreeDOS :-) So not sure what is
going wrong here. Note that 6 GB RAM is quite a lot and that half
of the errors are about not finding files. I have sorted the BTTR
table by type of error. Maybe some of you can share their experience
regarding the use of any of those games? Maybe you remember which
trick to use. I could imagine that some of them use DOS4GW and run
into some problem with too new hardware and work better with DOS32A?

Regards, Eric