Hallo Herr Glenn Holmer via Freedos-user,

am Sonntag, 18. September 2022 um 19:30 schrieben Sie:

> I installed FreeDOS 1.3 on a machine about ten years old. It
> successfully read the DVD during installation, but doesn't recognize it
> afterward when booted.

> How can I diagnose this?

you have a machine with AHCI, are running it in AHCI mode, and FreeDOS
has no driver automatically installed for AHCI DVD.
this is no problem when booting from DVD as the BIOS provides the
driver, but is a problem when booting from disk.

you can change this in the BIOS setup to 'legacy mode', 'SATA', ..., but then
linux *might* have
trouble accesing both disks and DVD, depending on your setup. at least
you would loose some performance on linux.

Tom