> On Sep 18, 2022, at 2:53 PM, Glenn Holmer via Freedos-user
> <freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> [..]
> There's a script that gets called from FDAUTO that tries several drivers
> -- why wouldn't that work? And why did it work during install?

There CD also has an ELTORITO.SYS driver it will try to use. For several, this
driver is not included in the install process.

One reason… I’ve been told this driver should only be used when booting from
CD/DVD. However, some users have reported "it worked fine for me” when booting
from the hard drive. So, you could try copying that to the hard drive (same
location as UDVD2.SYS). The CD initialization script will notice the driver and
try it if the others fail to start/work.

Also, there are a couple other drivers that we cannot distribute for licensing
reasons. However, they are free and easy to find online. If any of those are
present the CD initialization will try those first. To see a list of what
drivers are supported and the order they are attempted, run “CDROM.BAT help”

:-)

Jerome