n Fri, Nov 4, 2022 at 2:38 PM Michał Dec <moog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm loading a bunch of drivers during startup, but I'd like to try and unload
> them after all the setup is done. What \
command is for unloading drivers? I know LH and DEVLOAD are for loading.

I  don't offhand think there is such a command

LH and DEVLOAD have the same purpose:  load drivers and ?TSRs high to
get them out of conventional memory.  But in general, you wanted them
present and available during your session, and didn't want to unload
them.

I do have a Unix machine which has an experimental capability to
unload drivers, but it was experimental.  Nowadays, the efforts are to
have things loaded in user space, and unloadable if you no longer need
what they do.

What drivers are you loading in startup?  A driver, by definition,
provides access to hardware, and if you want to use the3 hardware you
need the driver.

I did have utilities back when that I could use to optimize the
that memory cuold be freed and only a small portion thaat was the
actual TSR needed to remain resident, so I got to play games h the
ortder in which TSRs loaded to leave space for the loading an
initialization of subsequent TSRs.  That technique was not applicable
to drivers.

Tell us what you'reloading in startup? Maybe we can help optimize the process.

--
_______
Dennis