Hi Michał,

> I load drivers for SoundBlaster AWE64 by means of putting CTMM.SYS,
> CTSB16.SYS and CTCU.EXE in DEVICE= parameters in FDCONFIG.SYS. However,
> that leaves me with 570KB free. I know that I can free some of that
> memory if only I can unload the drivers once the card is configured. I
> need to have 600KB free in order to start some very strange games, like
> Wolf. No, not Wolfenstein. Wolf
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_(video_game)

You could try UNISOUND instead.

"UNISOUND can be launched without options, with optional command line
options and with/without a BLASTER/ULTRASND environment variable present
(before launch). It doesn't consume RAM. It is not a TSR, it doesn't
require mem extenders, XMS/EMS..."

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=72553

(I never tried UNISOUND.)

Cheers,