On 02/21/2018 10:17 AM, Alexander Koksharov via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
> let me put
> ​ ​
> ​ ​
> couple of scenarious here:
> - install server
>   install it and configure with authselect. there is no --no-sssd
> option for the server installation
> - upgrade server
>   bakup authselect configuration. apply authselect sssd profile
> overwriting what was there before.
> - upgrade client
>   not applicable. only new binaries are copied onto the system
> - install client
>   a) if we replace rpm dependancy on authconfig with aushselect we can
> go only this way: new installations done with authselect. if --no-sssd
> option is provided, then fail.

--no-sssd option is already deprecated and should not be used, you don't
have to think about that scenario. You can therefore go the a) way and
remove the option as a whole so that you can be sure it won't fiddle
with new installations.

>   b) if we add authselect as a new dependancy, then we can apply a
> logic like authselect by default but if no-sssd then do authconfig.
>
> The people did talk to are kind of think that a) will bi implemented.
> I want to finish this task this week. Can we finally agree on a or b ?
>
> Alexander
>
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Pavel Březina <pbrez...@redhat.com
> <mailto:pbrez...@redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/14/2018 09:15 AM, Alexander Koksharov via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
>
>         Hello,
>
>         Please take a look on a design page here:
>         https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Authselect_migration
>         <https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Authselect_migration>
>         I would like to
>

>     You will also need to write krb5.conf and ldap.conf. You can see
>     the following man page or compat tool for inspiration.
>

> https://github.com/pbrezina/authselect/blob/master/src/man/authselect-migration.7.txt.in.in
>
> <https://github.com/pbrezina/authselect/blob/master/src/man/authselect-migration.7.txt.in.in>
>
> https://github.com/pbrezina/authselect/blob/master/src/compat/snippets/authconfig-krb.conf
>
> <https://github.com/pbrezina/authselect/blob/master/src/compat/snippets/authconfig-krb.conf>
>
>         ​ ​
>         hear you critics and suggessions.
>
>         Thank you
>
>         --
>         Alexander

Standa Láznička
A Red Hat person
PGP: 8B00 620A 713B 714E B4CB 4767 C98C 4149 36B1 A7F3