On 02/23/2018 01:29 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On pe, 23 helmi 2018, Pavel Březina via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
On 02/23/2018 12:57 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 02/21/2018 10:25 AM, Pavel Březina via FreeIPA-devel wrote:

​ ​
couple of scenarious here:
- install server
 install it and configure with authselect. there is no --no-sssd
option
for the server installation
- upgrade server
 bakup authselect configuration. apply authselect sssd profile
overwriting what was there before.

Why do you call authselect during server update? Shouldn't the
system be
already configured?

In FreeIPA server, we want to make sure that authselect profile is
activated, so that this FreeIPA server's PAM stack receives further
updates in case the authselect profile gets some fixes in. If it still
has the manual PAM configuration via old authconfig, it would not
receive such updates. Is that true?

It is true. But the same applies currently with authconfig. So if
authconfig is run again during server update than sure, it should be
there.
We do not run authconfig on each server upgrade. An idea to re-write
configuration every upgrade sounds interesting but I don't think we are
close to get it properly implemented before we switch to Ansible
installer...

I think that here I was thinking more about one-off upgrade, as part of
authconfig->authselect migration. My assumption was that authselect
would then take care of updating the PAM configuration if template changes.

We explicitly said in F28 change page that existing configuration will not be changed if user is upgrading from lower fedora version, unless authconfig(compat)/authselect is run after the upgrade. So we could do this when updating ipa server, however I don't think it is desirable to automatically change current configuration on an rpm update in F28 if this is not what would happen with authconfig.

Pavel, did we work out the upgrade story of authselect, for the cases
when we need to fix something in SSSD/winbind template? Or would it be
admin's task to refresh the PAM stack when the template changes?

There is no story written per say. But this should be handled by rpm during upgrade.