On 12/16/2014 03:22 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:33:41 +0100
Ludwig Krispenz <lkris...@redhat.com> wrote:

Hi Simo,

one thing is not quite clear to me: do you want a domain level per
feature or a global domain level or both ?
The Domain Level is global.
I described a "Feature Version" that is published by feature.
The Feature Versions just state what is available they do not determine
what is the current overall Domain Level.
Ok, just to confirm my understanding.

- we have one domain level.
- each (new) plugin or compoment has to define its minimal domain level and execute only features covered by this level - in addition, these plugins have to expose their (plugin) version on each server, allowing checks for setting the domain level

For a single feature (eg topology management) it could be required
that it is available on all servers, so it will be active only if
it's domain level is set. But there could be another feature,
independent of this one, it also could require to be installed on all
servers, and wait until it's domain level is set.
If we would only one domainlevel this would mean that all features
need to be at a specific level until any of tehm could be enabled
We need to keep it simple. We can't have multiple domain levels or it
will quickly become a mess (test matrix will also explode).

HTH,
Simo.