On Tue, 02 Jun 2015, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 06/02/2015 05:16 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 06/02/2015 05:08 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
On 06/02/2015 03:53 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/02/2015 02:20 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
On 06/02/2015 12:09 PM, Oleg Fayans wrote:
Hi all,

The following error was caught during replica installation (I used all
the latest patches from Ludwig and Martin Basti):
-        except ldap.TYPE_OR_VALUE_EXISTS:
+        except (ldap.TYPE_OR_VALUE_EXISTS, ldap.NO_SUCH_OBJECT):

What happens if all replicas are updated and domain level is raised? I don't
think that the group will be populated. Or will it be? Without it, topology
plugin won't work, right?
good point,
it will be limited, when adding a new segment a replication agreement will be
created, but it will not have the credentials to replicate.
There should be a moment where all the DNs are added.
yes, there could probably be a check when topology plugin gets active if the
binddn group exists and if not create and populate it
Should we finally start maintaining by default IPA Masters hostgroup? *That*
should be the BIND DN group which Topology plugins works with, no?
what would be the members of this group ?
the binddn group needs all the ldap principals in it so that a replica can do gssapi replication to another replica.
They should be fqdn=ipa.master,...

For example, this is how cn=adtrust agents looks like for upcoming one-way
trust:

# adtrust agents, sysaccounts, etc, t.vda.li
dn: cn=adtrust agents,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=t,dc=vda,dc=li
objectClass: GroupOfNames
objectClass: top
objectClass: nestedgroup
cn: adtrust agents
memberOf: cn=ADTrust Agents,cn=privileges,cn=pbac,dc=t,dc=vda,dc=li
memberOf: cn=System: Read system trust accounts,cn=permissions,cn=pbac,dc=t,dc
=vda,dc=li
member: krbprincipalname=cifs/ipa-01.t.vda...@t.vda.li,cn=services,cn=accounts
,dc=t,dc=vda,dc=li
member: fqdn=ipa-01.t.vda.li,cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=t,dc=vda,dc=li

As you can see, cifs/ipa.master and host/ipa.master are members of the
group through their respective DNs -- for host/ipa.master the DN is
fqdn=ipa.master,cn=computers,cn=accounts,$SUFFIX.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy