On 11/27/2015 01:39 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 27.11.2015 13:10, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 11/27/2015 12:46 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 27.11.2015 09:00, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 27.11.2015 08:33, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 11/27/2015 07:05 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 26.11.2015 17:15, Petr Vobornik wrote:
New topology management gives names to managed suffixes:

ipaca: o=ipaca
realm: dc=example,dc=com

We already had several offline discussions to change the names
because
they could be better. It would be difficult to change them after
release
of 4.3.

New proposals:
ca for o=ipaca
domain for dc=example,dc=com

What do you think?

+1

ca is probably fine. Domain also, although the original realm name
is OK
with me too, domain has too many meanings and can be confused with DNS
domain.

Realm is too Kerberos-specific. The names are visible only in topology
context, so I don't think it would be confusing. When you say "the
domain
suffix", it describes the suffix pretty correctly IMHO.

Here I agree with Martin that domain is too overloaded term, so I
would prefer
realm or so.

Also, I do not think that 'Realm is too Kerberos-specific' is a valid
argument
because 'domain is too DNS-centric' :-)

I guess we could find arguments for both 'domain' and 'realm'. :) I
don't have strong opinions on any.

Actually, DN of the suffix consist of several 'DC' RDNs. DC is an
initialism of "domain component". Several components create a domain so
domain is correct ;)

"Domain" is also used by AD and in our documentation IIRC.

We also have "domain levels" and not "realm levels" and IPA domain level has very little to do with DNS.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky