On Fri, 2015-11-27 at 13:52 +0100, Martin Babinsky wrote:
> On 11/27/2015 01:39 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:

> >> I guess we could find arguments for both 'domain' and 'realm'. :) I
> >> don't have strong opinions on any.
> >>
> >> Actually, DN of the suffix consist of several 'DC' RDNs. DC is an
> >> initialism of "domain component". Several components create a domain so
> >> domain is correct ;)
> >
> > "Domain" is also used by AD and in our documentation IIRC.
> >
> We also have "domain levels" and not "realm levels" and IPA domain level
> has very little to do with DNS.

We should use the word "realm" only when dealing specifically with the
Kerberos component. MOst people think of "domains" and "domain
controllers", for good or bad that's the terminology people kind of
standardized on.

If we do not like domain I would see acceptable to use:
- Ca Tree
- Identity Tree

Not sure that this is very accurate either and maybe too long.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York