On 03/04/2016 03:41 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 03/04/2016 03:11 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
Hello,

I've updated Feature template to make sure that important the design decisions
are recorded somewhere.

Of course all this is open for discussion. I did this soon because I believe
that it is better to actually see how it looks like instead of discussing
vaporware. Wiki has revert button if necessary, feel free to use it.

New texts:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Feature_template#Design_Assumptions
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Feature_template#Use_Cases

On top of what Petr proposed, I would also like to propose new
"Troubleshooting" section that were often asked for by people supporting our
users or advising on the lists.

I would imagine we would specify any specific, logs, log levels or procedures
that could help people investigate what's wrong with the feature.

The SSSD project implemented that as "How To Debug" section, see here:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/PageTemplates/FeatureDesign

Good Idea

--
Petr Vobornik