On 20.7.2016 13:15, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 07/20/2016 12:08 PM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 07/19/2016 01:25 PM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 07/18/2016 12:29 PM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
> On 07/18/2016 10:01 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> > Hi,
> > > Hi,
> > > actually fixed these three problems that are assigned to Martin
> > > Babinsky. Hopefully, Martin wouldn't be offended by that. :)
> > > all of them to properly validate the output. Right now, thin
client
> > > receives type specifications for elements as tuples of types, so
> > > what is seen as 'None' on the server side becomes (type(None),)
tuple
> > > on the thin client side.
> > > of the element and account for both None and type(None). Raise
type
> > > error only if all of the type checks failed.
trustconfig-show
> > (and automember-set-default in #6037) claims to return the primary
key
> > of the object in the 'value' output field, but the object does not
have
> > a primary key, so the client rightfully expects None.
output.simple_value" for
> > these commands (all of automember_default_group_{set,remove,show},
> > trustconfig_{mod,show}).
> 'result' but a full entry dict, so 'simple_value' won't do the
trick in
> this case.
> > But I agree, we should rather fix misbehaving commands rather than
bend
> the framework to accomodate their idiosyncracies, we have enough of
that
> already.
> I am attaching a patch that adds a custom shim for misbehaving
commands so that they work as before. There is also a big fat warning
added to discourage implementation of such commands.
Let's go by this patch. I originally thought changing trust.py to
simply
not supply 'value' field at all but this fix is simpler.

We found out that we still would need to handle
automember-default-group-{set,remove} commands which use the value to
print out summary, so it seems that we cannot win without some more
extensive fixing.

I have botched the wording in the comment, attaching updated patch.

And I have missed adding the new output to `trustconfig-mod` so
attaching another version.

Works for me, ACK.

Pushed to master: f0a61546f552d4df887617167f7dc1378cb95083