On 07/18/2016 10:01 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 16.7.2016 12:46, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
Hi,

I had some time and was blocked by these bugs to do my tickets so I
actually fixed these three problems that are assigned to Martin
Babinsky. Hopefully, Martin wouldn't be offended by that. :)

------

Output entry elements may have multiple types allowed. We need to check
all of them to properly validate the output. Right now, thin client
receives type specifications for elements as tuples of types, so
what is seen as 'None' on the server side becomes (type(None),) tuple
on the thin client side.

Change validation to account this by processing each separate type
of the element and account for both None and type(None). Raise type
error only if all of the type checks failed.

NACK, this only hides the real issue, which is that trustconfig-show
(and automember-set-default in #6037) claims to return the primary key
of the object in the 'value' output field, but the object does not have
a primary key, so the client rightfully expects None.

A proper fix would be to set "has_output = output.simple_value" for
these commands (all of automember_default_group_{set,remove,show},
trustconfig_{mod,show}).

Honza

The problem is that these commands do not return a simple boolean in 'result' but a full entry dict, so 'simple_value' won't do the trick in this case.

But I agree, we should rather fix misbehaving commands rather than bend the framework to accomodate their idiosyncracies, we have enough of that already.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky