On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 11:56:26AM +0200, Petr Spacek wrote:
> Dear FreeIPA developers and packagers,
>
> you can find first version of the Build system refactoring design document on:
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Build_system_refactoring
>
> If you do not care about implementation details, please be so kind and quickly
> scan through chapter
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Build_system_refactoring#Feature_Management

I'm not sure who exactly is the tester -- is it QE team, developer
testing someone else's patch, or someone else who just wants to try
a particular build? I'd often like to test a build but I'd like to
use yum repo for that, not building locally with "make rpms" because
I'd likely need additional dependencies installed for that and I'll
likely need some runtime dependencies as well.

IMO, QE teams shouldn't be building rpms themselves either, they
should consume nightly/snapshot builds produced by engineering,
either automatically or manually.

Could we add some high level goals for the refactoring effort, and
add a goal of having repoclosure'd yum repo for master and interesting
branches / pull requests?

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat