On 07.10.2016 11:56, Petr Spacek wrote:
Dear FreeIPA developers and packagers,

you can find first version of the Build system refactoring design document on:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Build_system_refactoring

If you do not care about implementation details, please be so kind and quickly
scan through chapter
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Build_system_refactoring#Feature_Management

I'm not an FreeIPA packager so I might miss some important thing which needs
to be configurable.

Also, I would appreciate ideas how to handle build versioning:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Build_system_refactoring#Versioning

My main questions are:
* What is triggering IPA upgrade?
* Would it be sufficient to bump release in RPM? (I mean - theoretically.
Could the code be modified to detect this?)

Here I'm trying to avoid unnecessary rebuilds caused by changes to
IPA_VENDOR_VERSION during each build.

Timo, what can I do to help you with packaging for Ubuntu/Debian?

Dream big, even wild ideas are welcome!

Thank you for nice design,

1)
I'd like to have make clean as well (we have it there now, but I don't think that it works well)

2)
Pylint:

currently we have (almost) python2/3 compatible code so what is the reason to have python2 and python3 separated checks? Pylint is doing that at once