On 05/03/2010 06:11 PM, Sean Brady wrote:
I just checked out the requirements document for 2.0 again and I see
that the policy and audit sections indicate that those requirements have
been dropped. I didn't see anything on this list about that, although I
admit I haven't had time to follow that closely.

Can anyone comment on why these have been dropped, and what would
replace that functionality? One area of specific concern would be the
removal of 1.3.8, "Integrate machine into the existing network by
downloading and applying policies related to the machine (network
settings, policy, printers)"...

Thanks all.

You could try Puppet (http://puppet.reductivelabs.com/), which provides most of the functionality IPA v2 was originally going to provide.

--