Shan Kumaraswamy wrote:
Dear All,
FreeIPA ipa_webgui not starting
Please find the below error message: [r...@saprhds001 ~]# /usr/sbin/ipactl restart
Shutting down ipa_webgui:                                  [FAILED]
Shutting down ipa_kpasswd:                                 [  OK  ]
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Stopping Kerberos 5 KDC:                                   [  OK  ]
Shutting down dirsrv:
    MYDOMAIN-COM...                                        [  OK  ]
Shutting down ntpd:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting dirsrv:
    MYDOMAIN-COM...                                        [  OK  ]
Starting ntpd:                                             [  OK  ]
Starting Kerberos 5 KDC:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting ipa_kpasswd:                                      [  OK  ]
Starting ipa_webgui:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
[r...@saprhds001 ~]# tail -f /var/log/ipa_error.log
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2479, in ?
    working_set.require(__requires__)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 585, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 483, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
Please help me to fix this issue.

Do you have any more context on this? Does it say anywhere what is not being found?

What is your distribution and where did you get the packages?

We've gotten reports of people trying to build ipa in CentOS and having problems like this related to python-cheetah. I've never seen a resolution nor have I been able to duplicate the problem so I'm not sure what the next step is, other than verifying that you have python-cheetah installed.

rob