> It looks like we have a bug when setting an empty base_dn. We try to set it
> blank but it ends up getting set to the IPA base.

so if I just change base_dn from '' to 'dc=briandomain,dc=com' then my
selfish desire to complete the migration might complete?  ; )

> Are you working from IPA v2 pre4 or did you build the source yourself from
> git?

pre4, though I made 2 slight mods...1 each in cainstance.py and
dsinstance.py (for 2 different show-stopping bugs which have already been
patched in git).  I can change to the git version if you would prefer.

I'll catch up with the bug tracker you've created.

Brian