Steven Jones wrote:

I think it is a mismatch between what we've stored as the hostname and
the hostname of the machine.

Can you look at the output of these commands and see if the hostname is
the same between them all?

$ ldapsearch -x -s one -b cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ipa,dc=ac,dc=nz dn
$ hostname
$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network (there should be only one HOSTNAME)

thanks

rob

So I un-installed and re-installed rc2, here is the output as requested,

===============

[root@fed14-64-ipam001 /]# kinit admin
Password for ad...@ipa.ac.nz:
[root@fed14-64-ipam001 /]# ldapsearch -x -s one -b
cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ac,dc=nz dn
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base<cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ac,dc=nz>  with scope oneLevel
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: dn
#

Did you install with the same domain as before? Looks like it is now ipa.ac.nz rather than just ac.nz, or maybe I misread it before. Can you try again with dc=ipa,dc=ac,dc=nz?

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1
[root@fed14-64-ipam001 /]#

fed14-64-ipam001
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=fed14-64-ipam001
NTPSERVERARGS=iburst

The hostname is lacking a domain name, that may be what is confusing things. As an test you might try setting hostname to be a fqdn and see if things improve.