Hello

Just try to add Scientific Linux 6 (RHEL 6) into the freeipa. Sorry to say that
but after reading a lot of the documentation I found that the most of it is
obselete or just wrong. For Sample:
in
http://freeipa.org/docs/2.0.0/Client_Setup_Guide/en-US/html/#chap-Client_Configuration_Guide-Configuring_Fedora_as_an_IPA_Client

the command: ipa-addservice is nowhere avialable.

Currently I try to get a keytab file for the afs service made via web interface
using:

ipa-getkeytab -s freeipa.[domain] -p afs/afs.[domain]@[REALM] -k
/tmp/afs.keytab
all I get is: Operation failed! unsupported extended operation
Note: Replaced the original domain and realm with placeholders.

The client is: ipa-client-2.0-9.el6.i686
The server is: freeipa-server-2.0.0.rc3-0.fc14.i686

First, I had to made the kerberos principal key for host and afs-service by
hand on command line. Why?
Second why can I not get this key out of the web interface to add it to the afs
service? I can only see the option to delete this key in the section services.
The ipa-getkeytab also fails (see above)
Third: The documentation contains no section to add a RHEL6/SL client to free
ipa. Why?
Fourth: The default principal set to kadmin is wrong, its set to
admin/admin@REALM instead of admin@REALM (seems to be wrong on all kerberos
implementations)
Fifth: Running ipa-client-install works only with the
_ldap._tcp.[Domain] SRV 10 10 389 [server]

_kerberos._tcp.[Domain] SRV 0 0 88 [server]
in the dns zone.
The informations in: http://freeipa.org/page/DNS_Location_Discovery are
completely wrong. The entries for _ldap and _kerberos are not related to
_network which not even exist in bind9 they are related to a domain/zone.
Sixth: the ipa-client install doesn't generate a keytab file for the host
principal and does not extract the ca cert from the ipa server for the ldap
communication with the server.

Looks all really confusing to me.
So whats the correct steps to add a freeipa 2.0 client and a service such as
nfs/afs/smb etc. to a freeipa 2.0 server on Fedora 14?

Regards

Roland