Roland Kaeser wrote:
Hello

Will there be an update to the ipa-client package in RHEL 6.0, or do we have to
wait for RHEL 6.1?

The next update will be in 6.1. I can probably cobble together a srpm that would work on 6.0 until 6.1 is released if you'd like.

So which is the software stack to use for my pilot and the later production
environment?
I wouldn't like to use Fedora in company production environments. I would be
really prefer to use RHEL6/6.1
I also checked the latest avialable fedora 15 version. I only can find a alpha
version iso from february, 28.

I would really like to have a software stack which works with freeipa
(client/server) and afs-server.

Yeah, this is a bit of a grey area right now. IPA does a lot of cat herding and keeping all the various versions of the packages we require in sync is very tedious.

For a pilot I think you'd be fine using Fedora 14 though I would recommend doing some amount of re-testing in F-15 once it is released. We've done 80% of our development in F-14 and it works very well. The dogtag project built F-14 packages for us as a favor. They don't want to support deployments of it because they've done zero testing of their own on F-14. You'd need to build the packages yourself though, we haven't pushed this to F-14 because of the dogtag issue. mock should be able to build it fairly painlessly.

What I've done for my F-15 installations is to install F-14 and then upgrade to Fedora-15 from there. It has been fairly painless. The GA IPA release is in the stable repo of F-15 now.

regards

rob