On 05/18/2012 09:56 AM, Kline, Sara wrote:

Ldapsearch revealed the issue. The documentation in the Integrating AD section says that passsync is in the systemaccounts cn. Ldapsearch revealed it is actually sysaccounts cn. It is successfully binding now. I created a test user, then I logged in as him and changed his password, it took a while but the password was replicated over to FreeIPA and I was able to login using his credentials. Out of curiosity, does PassSync have a set polling period or is it supposed to sync anytime a change is made?

It is supposed to sync immediately.

Thanks,

Sara Kline

*From:*Rich Megginson [mailto:rmegg...@redhat.com]
*Sent:* Friday, May 18, 2012 8:16 AM
*To:* Kline, Sara
*Cc:* freeipa-users@redhat.com
*Subject:* Re: [Freeipa-users] Problems with Passsync

On 05/18/2012 09:11 AM, Kline, Sara wrote:

Yes, after installing PassSync I rebooted, and I have not changed any passwords in AD.

If you have not changed any passwords in AD, then the log is correctly reporting "No entries yet"

The bind dn I am using is the one that the documentation says to use which was:

uid=passsync,cn=systemaccounts,cn=etc,dc=prod,dc=example,dc=com. If I do an ipa user-find on this, it comes back empty but I am thinking its because this is not in with the regular user accounts. Is there a way to verify that the account is there?

ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W -b dc=example,dc=com uid=passsync

Thanks,

Sara Kline