On 09/05/2012 02:40 PM, george he wrote:
Thanks a lot. It's deleted now!
The .jar thing (i.e. jss4.jar, osutil.jar, and symkey.jar) was pointing
to /usr/lib/..., but when I was struggling, I read on the web there was
a post saying they should point to /usr/lib64/..., so I changed them.
The weird thing is I THINK they were pointing to existing files, but now
they are not.
So I changed the links one more times to make them pointing to
/usr/lib/..., restarted ipa, and host-del worked.
Thanks again, guys.
George

Glad it's working. Obviously we would like to know how you got into this situation and perhaps open a bug. But unfortunately since you've manually changed links it's hard to know if the logic used to update an existing system is robust or not. I recall when the issue of where to locate native jars on 64bit came up there was a fair amount of back and forth over where things would be installed and which links to introduce. Unfortunately I do not recall the final resolution, it might be that the tomcat instances were supposed to continue to point to /usr/lib/java and links would be set up there to point to the 64bit version. In any event I don't think we can file a bug at this point, but perhaps we need to pay attention and see if anyone else gets bitten by this.

John

    *From:* John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>
    *To:* a...@redhat.com
    *Cc:* george he <george_...@yahoo.com>; "freeipa-users@redhat.com"
    <freeipa-users@redhat.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:04 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [Freeipa-users] ipa host-del

    On 09/05/2012 10:46 AM, Ade Lee wrote:
     > The logs seem to show that the CA cannot find JSS.
     >
     > What versions of the following are on your system?
     > pki-ca, pki-common, jss, nss, tomcat6, tomcat, java
     >
     > Is this a system that was working and now fails to work?  Or is
    this a
     > new instance?

    Let's verify the link to the jss4.jar is in place. Note this is an
    x86_64 system, Mathew did make some adjustments to where native
    (i.e. arch specific) jars are located. I think it moved from
    /usr/lib/java to /usr/lib64/java. pki-create would have been
    modified to set up links to them on a new install but it's possible
    the links weren't updated on an existing install. Not sure, guessing
    at the moment but I think it's worth pursuing.

    Please do this, it will list all the jars which should be visible to
    the CA tomcat instance, the jss4.jar should have a link under
    /var/lib/pki-ca/common/lib.

    sudo ls -l /var/lib/pki-ca/common/lib
    /var/lib/pki-ca/webapps/ca/WEB-INF/lib

    We want to verify none of the symbolic links listed above are
    dangling (point to a non-existent file). Pay particular attention to
    /var/lib/pki-ca/common/lib/jss4.jar, does it point to an existing
    file that's a valid jar? If not can you locate jss4.jar? Is it now
    under /var/lib64/java? If so adjust the symbolic link under
    /var/lib/pki-ca/common/lib to point to it. Do thinks work now after
    restarting?

    John

    -- John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com <mailto:jden...@redhat.com>>

    Looking to carve out IT costs?