On 07/18/2013 03:31 AM, Pete Brown wrote:
I opened all the ports that seemed to be listening n the master.
I also ran the setup again without disabling the connection check to
see what else needed fixing.
It seems after much investigation and log dredging it seems my admin
password had expired.
I wasn't aware that was possible.
I reset the password and it seemed to get further.
This for some reason not mentioned in the documentation the replica is
trying to ssh into the master as admin.
I managed to fix that by changing my setup and ssh config files.

Then it actually managed to start the setup process.
But again it fails at exactly the same point mentioned in my initial email.

After some further digging with reference to the log output below it
seems I have run into a bug that seems to have been fixed.
As I mentioned I am running current Fedora 18 so freeipa is
3.1.5-1.fc18 is that fixed in my version?

Yes, that bug was fixed in 3.1.0.

It also seems the dogatg and IPA directories will be or have been merged?
Which version did this happen in and will it get applied to my server?

Also in 3.1.0; new servers installed using that version have merged databases.

Can anyone suggest how I go about fixing this issue?

Well, ipa-server-uninstall can misbehave if CA installation goes wrong (ticket #2796). So I would start by uninstalling, then running the following command to make sure CA is not left:
    sudo pkidestroy -s CA -i pki-tomcat
then installing again.

Can you also provide logs without the --skip-conncheck flag? Specifically the /var/log/ipareplica-conncheck.log should be interesting.

I wanted to create a replica so I could upgrade to fedora 19 and not
have to take my single instance of FreeIPA offline while that was
happening.
Will I need to upgrade to Fedora 19 to fix my issue?

For reference this is the point of failure in the
/var/log/ipareplica-install.log file

2013-07-18T01:06:16Z DEBUG Starting external process
2013-07-18T01:06:16Z DEBUG args=/usr/sbin/pkispawn -s CA -f /tmp/tmpFKBxMW
2013-07-18T01:08:16Z DEBUG Process finished, return code=1
2013-07-18T01:08:16Z DEBUG stdout=Loading deployment configuration
from /tmp/tmpFKBxMW.
ERROR:  Unable to access security domain: 503 Server Error: Service Unavailable

Please also check logs on the existing server. Is the CA available?
Does e.g. `ipa cert-show 1` work?

2013-07-18T01:08:16Z DEBUG stderr=
2013-07-18T01:08:16Z CRITICAL failed to configure ca instance Command
'/usr/sbin/pkispawn -s CA -f /tmp/tmpFKBxMW' returned non-zero exit
status 1
2013-07-18T01:08:16Z INFO   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/installutils.py",
line 619, in run_script
     return_value = main_function()

   File "/usr/sbin/ipa-replica-install", line 652, in main
     (CA, cs) = cainstance.install_replica_ca(config, dogtag_master_ds_port)

   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/cainstance.py",
line 1809, in install_replica_ca
     subject_base=config.subject_base)

   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/cainstance.py",
line 625, in configure_instance
     self.start_creation(runtime=210)

   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/service.py",
line 358, in start_creation
     method()

   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/cainstance.py",
line 744, in __spawn_instance
     raise RuntimeError('Configuration of CA failed')

2013-07-18T01:08:16Z INFO The ipa-replica-install command failed,
exception: RuntimeError: Configuration of CA failed