On 22 July 2013 11:45, Pete Brown <rendhal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 July 2013 04:20, Ade Lee <a...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 14:14 +1000, Pete Brown wrote:
>>> I was just trying this again and noticed there is a
>>> /var/log/pki/pki-ca-spawn.20130719140342.log file with what i assume
>>> is the logging for the attempt to create the pki.
>>> right at the end is this entry.
>>>
>>> 2013-07-19 14:04:42 pkispawn    : INFO     ....... unable to access
>>> security domain through REST interface.  Trying old interface. 503
>>> Server Error: Service Unavailable
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what that means and how to fix it?
>>>

>> This means that the dogtag CA is trying to contact the dogtag master -
>> and is failing to do so.  It may be trying to access the wrong port.
>>
>> What version do you have for :
>> rpm -q pki-ca ?
>
> on my master server.
> pki-ca-10.0.3-2.fc18.noarch
>
>> Please attach the logs for the replica CA.
>> /var/log/pki/pki-tomcat/*
>
> I just tried doing the replica install again and was tailing the
> catalina.out while is was running and I think I have discovered the
> problem.
> The jre it seems to have been upgraded and it is still using the old path.
> I shall try and work out how to fix that and will let you know if I get stuck.

What you mentioned assisted with further debugging.

this is the tail end of catalina.out from my last run

Jul 22, 2013 11:54:39 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /var/lib/pki/pki-tomcat/webapps/ROOT
Jul 22, 2013 11:54:39 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Jul 22, 2013 11:54:39 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8443"]
Jul 22, 2013 11:54:39 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8009"]
Jul 22, 2013 11:54:39 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 9498 ms
11:57:15,198  INFO
(org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher:82)
- Deploying javax.ws.rs.core.Application: class
com.netscape.ca.CertificateAuthorityApplication
11:57:15,218  INFO
(org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher:82)
- Adding singleton provider
com.netscape.certsrv.authentication.AuthMethodInterceptor from
Application javax.ws.rs.core.Application
11:57:15,224  INFO
(org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher:82)
- Adding singleton provider com.netscape.certsrv.acls.ACLInterceptor
from Application javax.ws.rs.core.Application
11:57:15,448 DEBUG (org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher:60)
- PathInfo: /securityDomain/domainInfo
AuthInterceptor: SecurityDomainResource.getDomainInfo()
AuthInterceptor: mapping name: default
AuthInterceptor: required auth methods: [*]
AuthInterceptor: anonymous access allowed
11:57:15,798 DEBUG (org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher:60)
- PathInfo: /account/login
AuthInterceptor: AccountResource.login()
AuthInterceptor: mapping name: account
AuthInterceptor: required auth methods: [passwdUserDBAuthMgr, certUserDBAuthMgr]
AuthInterceptor: anonymous access not allowed

my guess would be the replica creation is attempting an anonymous bind.
I have those disabled for security reasons.
Is there any way around that without turning on anonymous  binds?