Sorry,

Yes - for my authentication when SSHing onto a Linux box.

> > Today I've had to change my password in 2x AD domains and
> > other places according to policy.  I've done this.
> >
> > But coming to IPA, I find that I've chosen a "BAD
> > PASSWORD".  Without getting into the merits of the AD password
> > policy and the security of the password I've chosen, can I
> > force IPA to accept my new password at all?
>
> Well, without getting into security of the approach, you
> could change the global password policy or group password
> policy so that the new password is
> accepted:
>
> $ ipa pwpolicy-mod --minlength=5
>
> or
>
> $ ipa pwpolicy-add usergroup --minlength=5
>
> ... to "fix" whatever failing password policy attribute.

The error comes from a dictionary check I think.  AD does as well as far
as I know, but would appear to have a smaller dictionary or looser
rules.

Kind of what I expected/feared though.  I don't want to change the IPA
policy at all, just override it's objection.  For now, I went the long
route and changed my IPA password first, then changed the other
passwords
To match what IPA was happy with.

> HTH,
> Martin

Cheers & thanks for your help

Duncan

This message has been checked for viruses and spam by the Virgin Money email
scanning system powered by Messagelabs.

This e-mail is intended to be confidential to the recipient. If you receive a
copy in error, please inform the sender and then delete this message.

Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company no. 6952311).
Registered office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL.
Virgin Money plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and
regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation
Authority.

The following companies also trade as Virgin Money. They are both authorised
and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, are registered in England and
Wales and have their registered office at Discovery House, Whiting Road,
Norwich NR4 6EJ: Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Limited (Company no.
3072766) and Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Limited (Company no. 3000482).

For further details of Virgin Money group companies please visit our website at
virginmoney.com