On Tue, 17 Jun 2014, Innes, Duncan wrote:
Fair call Rob, I should have put "standard" in quotes.  I think I meant
to.

I know applications doing their own logging is pretty wide spread too.
It's just that moving to a more unified tool that performed the logging,
remote shipping, rotation, compression etc (where required) would be
great.

Whilst I like journald a lot, it still misses native log shipping.  I
think it's being worked on though.
Yes, it is being worked on.

As an IdM user, I figure I'll have to wait around quite a while to get
any such features.

I'll have a poke around with using rsyslog for some IPA logs just now.
Note that rsyslog can take journal messages and forward them to another
host's journal without loosing journal-specific fields.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy