I realize this question has been brought forth previously, but I am unable
to find a clear answer.  I have a 389-ds environment that is serving as an
authentication back end for a python application.  The plan was to use this
as a kind of SSO for other future applications and we have MANY
users/groups/OUs and different policies involved already.  Since it's not
really feasible to re-create everything, and it will not integrate directly
with FreeIPA I would like to be able to import my subtree to the 389-ds
instance within my new FreeIPA install and manage that subtree separately
from all my hosts and POSIX users.

The short question, how can I manage to get the admin console working with
the 389-ds that is included in FreeIPA?

I'd really like to use FreeIPA for all my host based authentication, but it
becomes a non-option if we have to run multiple directory clusters.