Hi there,

I'm planning to deploy freeIPA on our lan.
It's small-ish and completely based on FC21, so I expect everything to work
like a charm.

Except one detail. We have Synology NAS station, which uses DSM 5.0.
The ideal plan is to use it as host for shared NFS home dirs once we switch
our desktops to freeIPA.

I've already tried on a VirtualBox replica of our lan how to configure the
Synology station against freeIPA.
LDAP enrolling worked, and I created a srv entry in the freeIPA dns, but I
didn't go further than that.

SSSD does not seem to exist for DSM 5. What are the implications? Can it do
without? I understood SSSD works as a caching system, so that the machine
keeps working when freeIPA is unavailable. Does it have any other vital
role?

Thanks for your input.

Roberto

PS. This mailing list is pleasantly active. Keep up the good work!