On Fri, 08 Jan 2016, Karl Forner wrote:
Hello,

If I go to active users, click Add, fill in log, first and last name, then
click "Add", I get the error message:
Operations error: Allocation of a new value for range cn=posix
ids,cn=distributed numeric assignment plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config failed!
Unable to proceed.

I also tried to add a staged user. This works, but when I try to activate
it, I get the same error:
Operations error: Allocation of a new value for range cn=posix
ids,cn=distributed numeric assignment plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config failed!
Unable to proceed.

I looked in the IPA Server -> ID Ranges tab:
first id: 134000000
nb of ids: 200000
type: local domain range

The freeIPA server is a CA-replica, and the main server is currently down.

What could be the problem ?
If you never added users through this IPA server, it has no subset of ID range
allocated to IDs issued on this server. To obtain this subset, it needs
to talk back to the master on first allocation. Master is missing, thus
it couldn't talk to it.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy